Monday, April 17, 2006

summer plans

notwithstanding the transitory state of my blog (never mind that you might not be able to read this) i thought i'd let you know how my summer plans are shaping up.

my college group is going to ecuador this june....and, it looks like i'll be going too! i officially turned in my passport application this afternoon, and paid the obligatory *sigh* $172. i think i'm still not quite grasping that i seem to be going. (however, a great way to make you'll follow through with something is to throw some non-refundable money at it.) there's something so final and...official...about a passport.

the purpose of the trip is to encourage the missionaries our church has down there, and also to help with some other things (ok, i'm not real clear on a lot of this yet). we will stay the first week in Quito, the capitol, and then (if it works out) we'll get to go into the JUNGLE sometime during the second week. like, the real jungle with snakes and primitive tribes and mosquitoes as big as the airplanes we'll use to get there. i really can't wait to see what God will do while we are there. your in-advance prayers are appreciated.


the day after i get back from ecuador is when City starts. this will be my 5th year! i hope that i will be able to get some rest from my below-the-equator foray before city starts and i have to be responsible for the spiritual, emotional and physical lives of my "campers" for an entire energy-sapping week. :)

after that...no folks, we're not done yet...i think i might be going to London! a friend is staying there for a month or so and said we (another friend and i) could visit her. so this means that there will be som castles to keep the jungles in this summer's crystal ball company. after all, we will certainly have to go to scotland and ireland, as long as we're that close. i'm tentatively planning a week, maybe, for that trip. or more like as long as i can possibly get off work. :) i just can't believe it's finally....possibly??....happening. i have wanted to visit that area for as long as i can remember. and in the summer too. nigh unbelievable.

after that, who knows? i will probably have used more than my unspoken allotment of unpaid vacation days at work. so i doubt i'll be able to go to california. i've wanted to visit my friend(s) there forever too, but maybe it'll have to wait until next year...or until i've replenished my savings account. :S thanks for reading, people!

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 1:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous sayeth thus:

Hi. I don't have a blogspot but you convinced me to post a short dissertation on the relevance of the law on my Xanga.

I hope it helps and is an encouragement. And let me know what you think.

 
At Friday, April 21, 2006 9:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous sayeth thus:

No I don't think the same reasoning applies to civil as clearly stated in Romans 13 - "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter