Wednesday, March 08, 2006

gaaah!

i hardly ever feel as helpless as i did for a few hours this morning.

the heel on my shoe broke off!!!

now i know you're picturing these 5-inch toothpick stilettos, maybe neon pink or snakeskin, which of course are the only kind with heels that break off. you'd be wrong. nay, my ill-fated footwear were a lovely dark red leather, and the heels weren't super high (2.5 inches maybe) and it's not like i paid a lot for them, but come ON!! the thing just snapped almost totally off as i was traversing the well-worn trail from the coffeepot to my desk. stupid! stupid! stupid! the feeling of helplessness breathed down my neck for the rest of the morning as I sat dumbly incapacitated at my desk.

so over the noon hour, my wonderful co-worker drove me to gordmans. i got a pair of plain black ones that i wouldn't have normally bought (but they are comfy). so i am down almost $30. gaah! there weren't any other cheaper ones there!

1 Comments:

At Friday, March 10, 2006 12:04:00 AM, Blogger Scotty sayeth thus:

You poor thing. I could have loaned you a pair, but I doubt they'd fit....not to mention they prolly wouldn't have matched the rest of your wardrobe :-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter