Sunday, May 14, 2006

ticket-guilt relieved!

i got a parking ticket the other day. just forgot to feed the meter when i went into the coffee shop.

it's pretty clear something's wrong when my first reaction to seeing that neon pink slip under my windshield wiper is "Yesss..."

you are wondering why, i am sure. well, in explanation, i think it's the same mentality of an escaped convict who's been running from The Law for a long, long time. it's just kind of a relief when they do catch up to him...the pressure is released and he can relax.

no, i'm not running from the law...per se.

here's my confession, blog-friends. i myself feel much like that convict, as i have been parking in a 2-hour slot for 8 hours at a time every day for nearly a year, and never moving my car (there aren't any meters), and not getting ANY tickets. yes, i am vaguely proud of the fact, but naturally i am always looking over my shoulder to see if the ticket-nazi is chasing me in her little golf-cart-SUV. i feel slightly guilty that i probably owe the city my firstborn in back fines (i mean, i would if they'd given me all the tickets i deserve). but now that i got just one, i feel a little better. at least i will be able to sleep tonight. if i remember to pay it....

3 Comments:

At Monday, May 15, 2006 9:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous sayeth thus:

you and your obsession with the parking meter Nazi! I'm glad you finally got caught in your crime. anyway, thanks, big sister, for the laugh!

 
At Tuesday, June 27, 2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger buvet sayeth thus:

karanliga kufredecegine bir mum sen yak

 
At Tuesday, June 27, 2006 10:28:00 AM, Blogger buvet sayeth thus:

buvet&buvet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter