Friday, March 03, 2006

my boring friday

this day is like one big yawn. first, i'm tired because i woke up at 5am with delusions of some supernaturally loud alarm clock going off. in my delirious state of sleepiness i was completely certain that it was coming from my parent's bedroom (they are on the 2nd floor, i am in the basement!).

so i roll into work around 9:30 after the half-sleep, only to find a work-free desk. This is a good thing any other time except when you are already half-zombie and you have absolutely nothing to do, and no where to go to wake up from your stupor. I did have InStyle Magazine to keep me company (oh yeah, my coworkers were gone most of the day) and after reading it and feeling inferior for not wearing at least $16,000 of clothes/accessories on my person at any given time, I think I've decided to make smoked wild salmon pizza with caviar and creme fraiche for the kids tonight.

Work I Did Today
-put three invitations into the "Not Going" folder"
-RSVP'd to one "Not Going" invitation prior to putting it in the "Not Going" folder with the others
-checked the mail
-opened the five letters and unfolded them and put them in the "New Mail" folder
-answered the phone about five times

man, what did i do all day? this is sad. i need therapy. i need a nap.

tonight me and Natalie and Jo are driving to someplace for a basketball tournament. a bunch of our friends used to be on the team when they were in high school. the tournament is a few hours away so you know what that means....road trip! i wish the words "road trip" were as loaded as they used to be...now, it's just like, dang, four hours is a long time to not move.

but i think the trip and the tournament will probably be a lot of fun. although, i'll warn you, we are talking about massive numbers of home-schooled high schoolers coagulated in the same little Midwestern town, so...don't be surprised if the terror alert level goes up. but i do expect the poker-playing and pseudo-theological conversations to be at maximum levels. cheers for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter