Sunday, January 01, 2006

"A 5 is easy to change into a 6."

...This was one of my first thoughts of 2006. You know, when I accidentally write 2005 a thousand times, I can easily convert the 5 to a 6. Deep, indeed.

So a friend and I randomly decided to get some 2002 City on a Hill alumni together and have a New Year's party. But we didn't decide that until we were talking online late Friday night (I guess it was early Saturday)...so we called some people and learned about a party one of our friends was having. I picked up my friend about 5 yesterday and went to the party, at a farmhouse in Nowhere, Midwest with a lot of people, and only a few of whom I know. It was a good party and I wish I could have enjoyed myself more than I did, but for some reason I was in a leave-me-alone mood, and wished I could retreat into a back room and play the guitar or something. I tried to be a good sport though, because hey, it's New Year's Eve, I'm at a fun party, and there are a lot of cool people here that I'd like to get to know. But I probably came across as bored/annoyed/fake, because I suppose I was all three of those at some point or another. I guess I like parties as much as the next person, but I need space/air and there wasn't a lot of either. But a few of us (a smaller group, thank goodness) stayed up pretty late talking. And instead of driving home then, I used my coat as a pillow and slept for a few hours. I got home about 11 this morning and am currently in that pseudo-eloquent, philosophical, honest fog that descends upon me when I'm overly tired, have had plenty of coffee, and have a lot of pesty concepts in my Thinking Queue, waiting for attention.

In other news, I put several new pictures up on my photoblog. Here are some others that I took while on Christmas vacation in the Lovely North...

Frost on my window on the way there.

Water dripping off the old swingset.

On my grampa's land.
This is chocolate pudding. :)

Snowball fight (notice the snowballs in the air...a lesser photographer would be running away at this point [and a greater photographer might have actually focused the camera]).

Thanks for reading everyone...Happy New Year!!

1 Comments:

At Monday, January 02, 2006 2:09:00 AM, Blogger {illyria} sayeth thus:

happy new year's!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter