Sunday, January 22, 2006

Not a lot happened???

Nothing much happened this weekend.

That was the first thing I typed. LAAAAME. I really should think things through before I write them. So what I meant was, nothing much happened in my life -- certainly something much happened somewhere, to someone. We tend to view the events of the entire world anthropocentrically (if that isn't a word, it should be), with ourselves as the center. How silly. So as far as my weekend went, when I say nothing much happened, I mean nothing much happened to me, and nothing much into which I can read significance. We can't always discern what events are important and trivial while we're in the middle of them. Perhaps this weekend you met the person who would run you off the road next week; maybe you met your future spouse; maybe you had a minor thought which will eventually grow and define the next decade of your life.

So a revision of the first sentence: According to my interpretation of the events of the last two days, and within the anthropocentric context of my own personal life, nothing much happened. :)

I had written some other things about [here], but in light of the above revelation and a renewed contempt for empty uselessness, I have deleted it. :) So that's all I have for you right now, but I do have two pictures to share with you from this week. Cheers!

we had Chinese food on Sunday....mmmm.....

I always drive by this old house when I get off work, and I finally decided to take a picture of it. This day was so grey and drizzly that you could hardly tell the difference between the original picture and the black&white one.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter