Wednesday, September 14, 2005

So the other day, I was at the Mill and I bought a bottle of tea.

I like this tea a lot...a LOT...but I'd rather it be sweetened. So I had this great idea. I went over to the "condiments bar," took the lid off my golden tea, and squirted enough honey in there to appease even the most insatiable sweet-tooth. I put the lid back on and shook it up, really good. Went back, sat down at my seat, and realized the tea was really cold, and the honey had stuck to the bottom. I held it up to the light and it shimmered in this huge golden glob. I thought about writing a poem about it. (Just kidding, really.) Sigh, but no matter, I'll shake it some more. No results. I figured after the tea warmed up a little, the honey would dissolve like it's supposed to. So I set the bottle upside-down on the table to let it mix around. But it never did.

I suddenly decided to drink my tea unsweetened, and I did, and it was, except for the last tablespoon or so which was scandalously sugary. All these minutae are necessary facts to create context for my funny thing. (wait for it...Wait for it!) When I looked over at my precariously-balanced upside-down bottle of tea, I let my eyes travel across the room in the same direction. They landed on this guy who was sitting and just staring at my tea bottle with a perplexed look on his face. Then I realized how completely ridiculous it must look, and that is the reason for my sudden judgment that the stupid bottle of tea would be tolerable just the way it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter