Monday, March 06, 2006

my imaginary file cabinet

as i fell asleep last night, i was thinking that i need a file cabinet. normally i am contemplating stuff like, what will i wear tomorrow (if i have to work), why can't i ever get enough sleep, and why am i thinking about this instead of sleeping. i don't know why i was thinking about file cabinets, but i am in dire need of some serious, central organization in my little corner of the world. like, here's a pile of receipts on the left side of this drawer, and on this side is stuff i want to keep...you get the idea. i'm a very organized person, really. i'm just the only one who can tell.

(also, typing in no caps is magnificently liberating. i just might stick with this habit.)

what files would i have in my file cabinet? here are some. add your own! this is be-nerdy-like-nikki day!

-recipes
-receipts
-sermon or bible study notes (organized by topic?)
-tax stuff
-cards/letters from people
-prayer-request lists
-guitar chords/tabs
-insurance/medical records
-misc. papers and stuff i've written
-stuff from my job (letters of recommendation, pay stubs, etc.)
-owner's/instruction manuals
-stuff relating to school and classes
-stuff relating to my car

i know there were more that i thought of last night as i was melting into sleep. but i can't remember. i hate that. do you ever think of great ideas when you're melting into sleep, only to wake up and...there's this feeling that you just thought of the cure for cancer last night, but you can't remember it??

2 Comments:

At Monday, March 06, 2006 6:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous sayeth thus:

okay, if i wanted a file cabinet, i probably wouldnt be able to find anything in it that i wanted to find anyway. so it really wouldnt do me any good to have one except for another place to gather junk that i really dont want to keep but feel guilty throwing out.

Pippi Curbside

 
At Tuesday, March 07, 2006 1:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous sayeth thus:

Hey girl-
Thanks for finding me on xanga! Also, I agree with the whole file cabinet thing. I also need one! I might steal your organizational plans... anyway, we definitely need to get together soon! Give me a call or send me a message - via e-mail, blog, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter