Friday, September 23, 2005

Eeeeeexcellent.

I got a new job. Yep, the one I mentioned a while back as something I'd like to have. But now it's all mine. I'll work for a different Senator and his committee. And I'll actually sit on the committee when it meets once a week, taking notes and keeping records of testifiers, etc. I'll do all the scheduling for meetings, the bill scheduling, the write the committee books, plus all the stuff I'm already doing in my current office: filing, expenses, keeping the calendar, congratulatory letters, some research, and tons of miscellaneous stuff they find for me to do. :) I don't know when I'll start...probably about two weeks from now. Necesito ropa nueva para esta trabajo! I'll have plenty of people to show me the ropes. I'm really sad to leave the job I'm in, though...it's fun and they treat me well. I'll still see them around, but it won't be the same. That's the cloud to this silver lining. Or something.

Oh...I had a really funny dream the other night. I dreamt I had this huge crush on a guy who went to my church, but he was on vacation or something. So for some reason I was telling EVERYONE about this guy and how awesome he was and how he was definitely my perfect match. So everyone...like all my coworkers and all my other friends, came to church just to see this guy, once he came back from vacation. And he was being a total freak! He was talking weird and saying stupid things and acting like a complete antisocial retard. And I was so embarrassed. I tried telling everyone that he wasn't like that before, and that I wouldn't have liked him if he was such a fool. But they just laughed at me. (This story doesn't have any resemblance to reality and isn't even about someone who exists.)

Anyways...tonight I'm probably going to see a movie with the girls from church. I think we'll see the one with Reese Witherspoon..."A Piece of Heaven" or something like that. Sigh. I guess it won't kill me to see a girly movie with some girls. Maybe. I'll let you all know how it is. Hmmm...I'll probably play some poker afterwards...that might kind of balance out the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter