Saturday, September 24, 2005

mmm...weekends....

I've been thinking that maybe I'm a dork for posting almost every day. That's the end of that line of thought.

I did end up going to Just Like Heaven. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't really think I'd like it, because it just looked like a chick flick to me and I don't really like most chick flicks. And I wasn't disappointed in my expectation of free-flowing sap and cheese. There were definitely a couple of funny parts, and John Heder, forever to be remembered as Napoleon Dynamite, played a minor but funny role and pretty much made the movie as far as I'm concerned. It was fun to hang out with some of the other girls from my college group though. After the movie we went to Coldstone and watched all the ten and twelve year old kids pretend they were really grown up and cool. That made all of us feel old. But seriously. Parents, don't assume your darling little preteen girl is well-behaved. They aren't as sweet and cute when all their friends are around and you're not. And don't, under any circumstances, drop them off at the mall dressed in a miniskirt and halter top. Even if they weren't dressed like...like that, though, they annoy the heck out of those of us who have been out of that stage for a good ten years. It's funny, though, because I'm sure those kids think the same about eight-year olds. And when I'm thirty I'll likely be annoyed by twenty-ish college kids too. And so on until I'm senile and can't think much of anything about anyone.

Today I went to the mall with Jo...we shopped separately for a while, and I got two really pretty sweaters with sparkly buttons. :) (For all my tomboyish background, I get surprisingly excited about sparkly things.) Then we went to see the movie Flightplan. It was pretty good...it was really dark, especially at the beginning, and I really hate dark-colored movies. But it was good and suspenseful, although it did have some plot holes which didn't make sense. OK movie, although not a great one and not one I'd buy.

thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter