Thursday, October 13, 2005

Today's Web Harvest

Another slow day at work and they let me do whatever I want. So I decided to post a few interesting things I've found in the vast expanse of cyberspace. You're welcome to add a strange or interesting or funny link of their own, provided it's nothing offensive (or I'll Delete it! Ha!). Enjoy!!

First of all, guess what I just found on CNN! Aviator sunglasses are all the rage!

Posted September 23, 2005
From Haley Westbrook, University of Georgia


"With some taking their inspiration from the movie "Top Gun" and others from a local police officer, aviator style sunglasses can be seen all over campus. They come in a plethora of shape, sizes, and price ranges. Still, no other is as classy as a pair of the ever-so-popular Ray-Bans. Aviator style glasses are also flattering on most faces. So, start digging in your parent's collections of things from back in the day or go out and buy you a pair of these shades ... the style is definitely coming back!"

Quick, someone buy me a pair! For reference, I really like the ones the girl on the right is wearing. Not too dark and "The Fly"-esque. (Now if only she could sit up straight.) This just proves my inherent but often-accidental sense of fashion.

Also, I'm considering buying two of these and giving them to my (adoring, naturally) little brothers.











In other news, Ashton Kutcher, the winner of the genetic lottery, is so last week. And speaking of nauseating, so is pairing people's names together (TomKat, Bennifer, Dashmi) like gossip columnists seem to enjoy doing. (However, in an ironic joke played on us by society's rich and famous, to talk of the name-wedding atrocity too much, even in a snidely and derogatory manner, would be to give said Hollywood clowns more attention than they deserve.) Mr. Kutcher, the punk dating a 40-something woman, in a nearly unspeakable gush of emotion, said these exact words
of his mother -- er, his girlfriend or whatever they are:

"I hope the love that we share can resonate around the world so that someday I can hear its echo."

(I'll give you a moment to put away your barf bag.) You can just hear Michael Jackson's soft girly voice saying the same thing, can't you? Eeuw! Wipe off the slime! This is further proof that Hollywood-ites lack substance and are made of sound bytes and shallow sentiment. Tell us, Mr. Kutcher, what does that quote mean, anyways?? Wait...on second thought, please don't tell us. Please don't talk again, ever. Yes, you're hot. But you don't have to talk to be hot.

Enough cheese! On to our favorite feature: Bizzare Web Sites.

Hats of Meat I'm declining to attempt to explain anything about this strange and vaguely disturbing site. Please just go there and see for yourself.

Bubble Wrap "Game" For all you people who like to pop the bubble wrap that comes in the mail.

SuperBad Try to crack the code.

Photoblog A blog from an amazing photographer -- who could this mystery person be?! I must find her and give her all my money for her pictures!!

Crazy but dangerous! Louis Farrakhan, the ostensibly "Honorable" Minister of the Nation of Islam, opened his trap again. Please laugh at this man and his following, but don't laugh too long because these people are angry and hate-filled and quite dangerous.

10k For A Wife F'real! This guy says he's not desperate, but...

enjoy today's crop, folks! & post your own strange/interesting sites & news~

5 Comments:

At Thursday, October 13, 2005 7:33:00 PM, Blogger {illyria} sayeth thus:

i agree. the sunglasses look good. and accidental fashion is always the best.

 
At Friday, October 14, 2005 12:17:00 AM, Blogger Aaron Nelsen sayeth thus:

Those glasses are stupid in my opinion. Not quite as stupid as the little tinyboppers who wear sideways trucker hats and think they're cool... retards. Now if I see someone wearing both, well... I'm likely to go postal.

 
At Monday, October 17, 2005 8:00:00 PM, Blogger The Unknown sayeth thus:

All sunglasses are good. Stay hidden. Stay safe. Stop looking at me!
I like the odd links.
Here's a weird link for you.
hufu
love

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:51:00 AM, Blogger Matthryn sayeth thus:

Once I was using charcoal and then began to think about it a bit. Charcoal. What does that really mean? Coal that is already charred is supposed to get my fire going? I don't get it. Shouldn't it be uncharred coal? That makes more sense. Uncharcoal. I am going to start using that in my grill. Uncharcoal. Where do I get some? Home Depot? Loews? Fungi Factory?

 
At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:44:00 PM, Blogger Nikki Moore sayeth thus:

transience: please Decree a Decree for everyone to like me and send me aviator sunglasses and the ones that will make me look like audrey hepburn.

george: i agree that aviator sunglasses shouldn't be worn for coolness...but can't we just all get along??

EJ: i'm all over that. statcounter is statcount-ing like crazy. word verification is sooo annoying so i'm not putting it up yet.

unknown: that link is sick and weird, but i'm leaving it up because as far as i can tell it's legit & it definitely qualifies as a strange website.

jule: good luck looking for a job.

kerry: yeah anytime.

jeremiah: *sigh* what can i say. there's no response. i just shake my head and...keep visiting Pundits. thanks for stopping by. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter