Sunday, December 04, 2005

Photos & the weekend

The weekend was good. I stayed over at a friend's house Friday night, which ended up being divine guidance because at my house, some heater pump or something exploded in the basement during the night and leaked some icky scalding water into my room. I wasn't there so I didn't have to help clean up. :) On Saturday my mom and I went shopping. I got a Christmas present for one of my brothers, and also a shirt, and a jacket (which, I just realized, doesn't go with much that I have. Too bad! ;)) for myself.

After church on Sunday, my parents and I visited some people who we just found out are our relatives. This one old woman, in a town a hundred miles away, had read my name in a newspaper article, that I was on the Dean's List or something. She recognized my last name, which is totally unique -- everyone with that name is related -- and called my dad. Ends up she's a cousin of ours, and she has family living in our town. So we went to visit some "long-lost" cousins who just happen to live in the same not-so-large city! It was pretty cool.

Today has been good, except that I accidentally exploded some salmon in the microwave, the office smells like fish, and I had to go ask a friend for air freshener (and as a bonus, my former boss was there!). We laughed about it, but it's still a little embarrassing! :P Tomorrow we have a little "holiday gathering" (aka, christmas party) which should be fun. That's about it. Oh, and I get my wisdom teeth out Friday...yahoo. The worst part about that is the gas they use to put me out also doubles as a "truth serum" which means I'll have siblings gleaning all manner of sensitive information during my 24-hour recovery, none of which I'll ever remember. That is the only scary part about the whole ordeal.

And last but not least, here are a couple of pictures I took in the last few weeks. This one is on a road near my house.


This one is yet another out-the-passenger-window sunset shot (also taken near my house). If you look you can see a kind of strange animal face, like a wolf or something looking towards the ground. It's weird.



This one was obviously not taken in the last couple of weeks. It just looks so warm and sunny and humid, I think it helps to balance out the coldness. This is part of a tree outside my house.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 10:39:00 PM, Blogger Scotty sayeth thus:

I'll have to give your brother some questions to ask you...seriously, everything you've hear about wisdom teeth being bad--is true. :-p

I love the pictures...especially the snowy ones ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter