Monday, December 19, 2005

vacation! yahoo!

I'm so very excited for Christmas vacation! We're leaving this afternoon...or this evening, depending on how fast we can load up the 'Burb after we all get off work. We'll be staying in a motel at the halfway point, which both breaks up a 12-hour drive, and unnecessarily (in my opinion) lengthens it. I haven't taken a road trip with the full family in two years...and it's a full car.

I've finished all my Christmas shopping and a couple of things will be delivered to my grandparent's home where we'll be staying for the next week...I ordered a couple of CDs for gifts, as well as about 5 for myself, so Merry Christmas to MEEE! I'm really happy with the things I got for everyone, though, and I think they will be too. I still don't know what I'm getting, although I know Johanna got me a cookbook...I practically begged her to buy it for me when we were at Barnes & Noble the other day, and I told her I'd buy it for myself if she didn't decide to get it as a present! And in true form, Jo said she didn't have any money with her, but if I lent her some, she'd get it for me. :) It's an Asian stir-fry book with lots of big colorful pictures and a term glossary so I can speak like a chef.

In other news, I'm considering buying my dad's laptop. It's a Toshiba with a 17" screen...and all the bells and whistles...the regular price was about $2500 less than a year ago, but he will give me a super good deal so I might take him up on that. Or I might just save my moolah for the future justification of an color picture Ipod. Or...not. :(

But I'm just so excited for our trip! I'm planning to take a lot of pictures of the lovely, snowladen Minnesota countryside. Oh...and did I mention I haven't begun to pack yet?? I'll probably get off work around 3 0r 4, then I have two errands to do before I head home. I really hope I remember everything!

Oh, and a Pants update! :P Got them in the mail, and they were perfect, and I also ordered a Banana Republic suit for a good price, and I'm wearing it now. I've also made about $35 on eBay so far, selling some books. Yay for online auctions!

Hope you all have a most enjoyable holiday...and thanks to everyone who checks both of my blogs on a regular basis! (FYI: The other one was updated about 10 minutes ago.)

1 Comments:

At Monday, December 19, 2005 9:49:00 PM, Blogger Scotty sayeth thus:

Sounds like fun!! Have and awesome trip and enjoy the snow for me ;-).
"Let it snow, let it snow....."

~Scotty~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter